A wide variety of companies in general industries, such as companies involved in manufacturing and building construction, rely on fluoropolymer tubing and other fluoropolymer applications to meet a diverse set of needs. Unlike other materials, such as steel and plastic, fluoropolymer provides exceptional physical endurance, chemical inertness, temperature use, flexibility, UV resistance, and many other unique properties. When general industry companies seek a flexible, versatile material that can withstand harsh environments, yet which doesn't sacrifice performance or purity, they turn to fluoropolymer. Fluoropolymer applications are also often sought out by general industry companies for their cost-effectiveness and longevity.
The unique properties of high performance polymers summarized below help steer the preference of these materials over others in general industry applications.
- Chemical stability and non-reactivity to a wide range of chemicals
- Thermal stability over a wide temperature range
- Low dielectric losses and high breakdown voltage threshold
- Non-stick (for per-fluoropolymers PTFE, FEP and PFA)
- Low permeability for PCTFE
- Optimum balance of properties with the added benefit of excellent abrasion resistance in ETFE